At Hy’s we’re serious about hospitality and love what we do. So we try to find like-minded individuals to join the family and embrace our brand.
Join Our Team
Our staff are personally invested in taking every guest experience to the next level. We stress team above all — whatever it takes to create great memories and lasting relationships.
Choose a location, forward your resume, and tell us why you’d like to join the family.
- Excellent Wages: we offer an hourly wage on average $2-$3 more than anywhere else.
- Tip Sharing: our team participates equally in the tip pool, with shares based on hours worked, not seniority.
- Benefits Program: our industry leading Benefits Plan offers great medical & dental coverage, RSP matching, and an Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible Schedules & Guaranteed Hours: we’ll work with you to figure out the best schedule. And we’re busy, so you won’t get cut.
- Training: our Chefs and Managers are among the best in class. They are great leaders, superior coaches, and patient mentors. They have years of experience and will help you go as far as you and your ambition will take you.
- Advancement: we have restaurants across the country and are planning more. Many of our staff started at entry level positions and moved all the way up to management.
- Positive Culture: we promote a respectful workplace, encourage teamwork, and have no time for negative communication. We aim for terrific, not toxic!
- #HysHelps: We have a long history of giving back. Our Hy’s Thrives Annual Health & Wellness Challenge encourages our staff to invest in their physical, intellectual and emotional health. Our Years of Service Program awards pins to employees who reach milestones in tenure. We fund academic scholarships in the name of our founder and his youngest son. And each of our restaurants, as well as Head Office, volunteer time & raise money for many local and national causes.
- We’re here to stay. Over 60 years, through changes in culture, changes in food & beverage, changes in government and even a global pandemic, we have only grown stronger. We invest in our brands, in our restaurants, and in our people. We don’t make empty promises – we always follow through.
Hy’s of Canada is committed to the fair treatment of all current and future employees and guests. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive place for people of different orientations, ethnicities, ages, abilities and skills because we believe that respecting each other is central to making Hy’s a great place to work. We are committed to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely and conscientious manner by working progressively toward the removal of barriers to accessibility. We will continue to develop, maintain and review our strategies to ensure Hy’s is accessible and preserves the dignity and independence of everyone in our restaurants.